The Fund seeks innovative proposals from committed organizations and individuals for activities that advance our stated mission. In order to maximize its impact and reach, the Green Fund offers various levels of support: Major Grants ($3,000 - $10,000), Small Grants ($1000 - $3,000), and Micro Grants (up to $1000).
Application deadline for 2014-15 funding cycle: November 17, 2014.
Information session 10/7/14 at 6:00 p.m. at The Grove, 760 Chapel St, New Haven, CT.
Downloard request for applications:
Green_Fund RFA 2014
Download Application Form:
Download PSEG request for applications:
RFA PSEG 2014
Download PSEG Application Form:
2014-15 PSEG Application
Submit an electronic version of the Application Cover Sheet, Narrative, Budget, and Attachments to email@example.com by Monday, November 17, 2014.
Projects considered for funding will include, but not be limited to:
- Organizing and community engagement for environmental justice, including education about adverse health effects from pollution and tools to improve health outcomes
- Community-based education about air quality and the adverse health effects from air pollution in the New Haven Port area and lower Fair Haven (funded by the Community Benefits Agreement with PSEG, Inc)*
- Environmental justice initiatives to improve air quality in lower Fair Haven and the New Haven Port area. (funded by the Community Benefits Agreement with PSEG, Inc)*
- Sustainability initiatives, including but not limited to creating better community tools for households, businesses, organizations, etc. to integrate sustainability practices into their daily routines
- Increased public access to natural resources
- Air and water cleanup initiatives
- Innovative technology or processes to advance sustainability and decrease pollution
- Applied research in environmental and public health areas that addresses community issues
- Community planning activities contributing to healthier neighborhoods
Collaborative projects between environmental organizations and outreach organizations are encouraged.
* NOTE: The board will determine a project’s eligibility for the funds received from the Community Benefits Agreement with PSEG based on an applicant’s expression of intent to address these specific purposes and neighborhoods in their application.